There is no right way to give birth. As a support person, I work to facilitate each family’s unique preferences without bias, in the setting of their choice.
Birth Doula Services include:
- One complimentary meeting in your home or elsewhere where we can talk about your arrangements and preferences for birth and what I can offer as a doula, and see if we might be a good match.
- 24/7 unlimited e-mail and phone support beginning upon contract signing.
- One to three prenatal sessions in your home where we discuss your pregnancy thus far, how I can best support you and your family, birth preferences, concerns, special considerations and more, as well as reviewing comfort measures for birth (massage, counter pressure, breathing, positions and more). I can help you to prepare your home for when birth begins and prepare for the arrival of your baby.
- Attendance at your birth: I am on call from week 37 of your pregnancy until your baby is born. I will join you for your birth at a mutually agreed upon time and remain with you for immediate postpartum support and assistance with breastfeeding/chestfeeding (if you are planning to do so).
- One postpartum visit, usually within the first week you are home, to see how you’re doing, admire your baby and talk through your birth experience, and make recommendations or connect you with any postpartum, feeding or newborn care resources you may need.
Want to know more about what a doula does and why you may want to use one? Read Evidence Based Birth’s comprehensive article on doulas here.
Rates: The full fee for birth support ranges from $1700 – $2100. I offer sliding scale rates whenever possible for families on a restrictive budget. No matter your financial situation, please reach out–if I am unable to accommodate you at this time I can put you in touch with other doulas who can.